2019 Lessons - Here we come 2020!
Hey Lovelies! I'm recommitting to blogging and going to shoot for once a week. Just want to share a little about my last year and look ahead to 2020 with eagerness!
I got some things done in 2019 that I promised myself:
1. I recorded and released Passage, my 4th Solo CD -
2. Released a video for Wrestle it Out (Thank you Tony Moser) - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_-S82rH5gdiZAtFETLnjcg
3. Played release shows for fans were so fantastic an who've been with me for over 20 years (gratitude)
4. Got an amazing new manager I'd been dreaming of for years (thank you Jess McMahon) and learned some intense lessons.
1. Commit to your NO. Understand you don't have to explain your NO to ANYONE. You have every right to say NO. Also know that you are responsible for saying NO. It's on you to say NO when you don't want to do something. That's a lot of capital NOs I realize.
2. Don't be polite to crazy just because you've been raised to think you always have to do the polite thing as a woman's duty.
3. Understand who your real friends are and spend more time with them.
4. Textbook narcissism is real - know that the only thing you can do to protect yourself is have no contact. True narcissists are not able to have a healthy conversations, so don't try.
5. If your intuition says something is wrong, even though you can't quite put your finger on it, trust yourself. Again, you don't have to explain to anyone.
6. Don't isolate.
7. Forgive - carry no anger.
8. Just because someone doesn't like your music, doesn't mean it's not good.
9. Just because you're older, doesn't mean you're not good at what you do.
10. Don't assume. You don't know what is going on with others so don't guess. You don't know.
11. Recommit to music.
12. Remember how amazing and loving your fans are. Spend time with them. Focus on them. Reread their deeply loving messages.
Things for 2020:
1. More music - next show is Feb 1 at The Crocodile Café w/Warren Dunes, Mirrorgloss and Ty Willman - tickets on sale now. Come see me!
2. More Shows
3. Play festivals
4. Tour in Europe
5. Find small European label - get signed
6. Play in Iceland
7. Focus on fans
8. Partner with others on music projects.
10. Workout - yes that is in there - ugh
To my fans - I love you deeply. I appreciate you and your care.
To my friends - I'm gonna need you and I love you.
To Jess - we can do this!!
Come on folks let's be nice and have fun in 2020!!!